Learn to knit with beads while making this gorgeous cowl. One 2 hr class and one 1 hr class (total 3 hours over two days)$45
Skills needed: participants should be condent with basic knits and purls and have tried K2togs and yarnovers. Everything else will be covered in class.
- Techniques included in this class:
- using the crochet hook technique to add beads to your knitting (as you go method).
- We will discuss what beads are best for knitting and the tools you need.
- We will also tell you what to avoid!
- Making an extra stitch (= M1L)
- Basic lace stitches (CDD and double YO)
- In addition, we will cover the following optional techniques which can add a professional look to your finished cowl. However, they aren’t necessary to achieve a successful project and simpler alternatives will be discussed if you feel they are too challenging.
- Provisional cast on and grafted closure
- I-cord edges
- Knitting on the bias
Materials not included – Kits will be available for purchase
Saturday 11 January at 1 pm (first session – 2 hours) and Saturday 25 January at 1pm (second session – 1 hour) 2020.